does all this sound like sound advice for an arien woman such as mineself?
because i would totally sell my soul on ebay, and have chain-smoked (after exercising)...
- Don't make nasty comments about yourself behind your own back.
- Do play soccer in bunny slippers at dawn in a supermarket parking lot with a gang of sadomasochistic stockbrokers who've promised to teach you the Balinese monkey chant.
- Don't decorate your thigh with a sloppy tattoo of the devil pushing a lawn mower.
- Do wear a t-shirt that says, "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
- Don't glide into a bar, scout around for the person whose face has the most pain etched in it, and ask that person to come home with you.
- Do eat ripe organic strawberries that have been genetically modified and irradiated, and do chain-smoke Marlboros as you peddle your exercise bicycle, and do wander through a garbage dump while listening to Mozart on your iPod.
- Don't get hooked on the fantasy that there are only two kinds of people, those who align themselves with the forces of light and those who align themselves with the forces of darkness.
- Do start an organization called POMP (Proud Owners of Multiple Personalities), dedicated to erasing negative stereotypes about healthy non-schizophrenics who enjoy being a community of many different selves.
- Don't lie on a floor surrounded by wine-stained poetry books, crumpled Matisse prints, abandoned underwear, and half-eaten bowls of corn flakes as you stare up at the ceiling with a mad gaze, muttering gibberish and waving your hands as if swatting away demons.
- Do run along the tops of cars during a traffic jam, escaping from bad guys as you make your way to a helicopter that takes you to a spot hovering over an erupting volcano, into which you drop the Buns of Steel video.
- Don't put your soul up for auction on eBay.
- Do write a cookbook filled with recipes you've channeled from dead celebrities.
- If you come upon a lamp with a genie in it, don't wish you had a magic wand.